Fall

 I've always loved fall,

the mosaic of colours,

the trees shedding their leaves in grand unison...

the airy feeling as winter was around the corner,

the chill in the air jolting you to grab your favourite sweater,

sitting on the porch with my favourite cup of ginger tea.

But this autumn was different....

It was November 9th and little did I know I would meet the love of my life,

a love that was like the perfect love letter,

like the beauty in the changing colours of leaves,

the brown, the orange, falling from the sky in perfect harmony.

It was warm and bubbly like the hot cup of ginger tea,

and soft and comforting like the sweater that hugged me gently.

But like the transition to winter, so did this season of love change...

but every fall, I see this love in every falling leaf, every colour, every sweater and every cup of ginger.

Fall was always my favourite season.




8 comments:

  1. I love the use of autumn images in this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the passion of a hot cup of tea and a sweater that hug Me gently that's awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the real life connection with falk poetry. Very nice indeed. Xx
    Isa A. Blogger
    https://www.lifestyleprism.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! I will check out yours as well :)

      Delete

Free

 ....and then one day she woke up and realized that that sinking feeling had depleted, that the sadness and longing she felt no longer exist...